1. The Clubhouse phone number is 540-347-9719.
2. Annual dues must be paid before using the Club facilities.
3. Annual dues can be paid by check or money order and sent via mail to the Club address: Fauquier Swimming Club, P.O. Box 435, Warrenton, VA 20188-0435 or they may be paid at the Clubhouse.
4. Other fees may be paid at the Clubhouse.
5. Supervision of Children:
a. Under 12 years of age will be admitted only when accompanied by a person 15 years of age or older.
b. Over 13 years of age can be at the pool without a chaperone but can not be responsible for any younger children.
c. Over 15 years of age can be at the pool without a chaperone and can be responsible for children under 12. This person will be responsible for the child and must remain with them at all times.
d. The manager must be informed about younger babysitters.
6. All Club members and guests must sign in at the Clubhouse upon entering the Club premises.
7. The manager on duty has the authority to enforce all rules and may eject any person failing to abide by the rules.
8. A situation requiring immediate action, which is not specifically covered by the rules, shall be handled by the manager on duty and reported to the president of the Board of Directors.
9. The Club assumes no responsibility for accident or injury.
10. Lost and Found articles will be held at the Clubhouse for 10 days.
11. Only managers and lifeguards are permitted in the Clubhouse office, snack bar, storage areas, and pump room.
12. Fauquier Swim Club does not have the facilities to store drinks and/or food items for club members. This includes daily use and party use. However, if a freezer is needed for ice cream during a party, please see a manager.
13. Children 5 years of age and younger must be supervised by the person responsible for them while in the Clubhouse bathroom.
14. Containers provided for refuse will be used for disposal of waste matter. Each member will be responsible for seeing that they leave no litter to spoil the facility for others. Violators will be asked to leave the premises.
15. Any person that has communicable or contagious diseases, inflamed eyes, colds, nasal or ear discharges, or wearing bandages will not be allowed to use the pool.
16. Pets of any kind will not be permitted on the Club premises.
17. There is no smoking in the breezeway, bathrooms, or baby pool enclosure. In all other areas, smokers must be considerate of non-smokers by taking precautions to prevent secondary smoke from affecting others.
18. Objectionable personal conduct, abusive language, and rough play on any part of the Club premises are prohibited.
19. Property damage resulting from willful destruction of provided facilities will result in payment for damages by the responsible person and restricted use of facilities for a period of time to be determined by the Board of Directors.
20. Pedestrians, especially little children, in the parking and the road areas dictate safe, slow, and careful operation of motor vehicles at all times.
21. Maximum speed limit is 5 MPH at all times on the Club premises.
22. Firearms, air guns, slingshots, or other types of dangerous devices are not permitted on the Club premises.
23. Fireworks, sparklers, or pyrotechnic devices of any nature are not permitted on the Club premises.
1. The pool may be used by members and guests only during hours of operation.
2. The pool will be opened from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
a. The pool will be cleared 15 minutes prior to closing time.
b. Bathroom showers will be closed 15 minutes prior to closing time.
c. Schedule changes due to Club sponsored activities or availability of personnel will be posted on the bulletin board inside the breezeway.
3. Only the main pool has lifeguard coverage.
4. During regular pool hours, 15 minutes of each hour will be reserved for persons 18 years of age or older. Children 12 months of age or younger may accompany an adult during this time. There will be no toleration of jumping or splashing in the pool by adults or children during this time.
5. In an emergency, the pool will be cleared. The signal will be a series of three blasts of the lifeguard’s whistle.
6. The manager will close the pool and/or pool compound during storms or other unsafe conditions. If thunder is heard, the pool and pool deck will be cleared for 30 minutes. If lightning is seen, the pool and pool compound will be cleared for 30 minutes. The basketball court and tennis courts are considered part of the compound. These times start over if more thunder is heard or more lightning is seen.
7. The manager will close the pool if there are bodily fluids or other harmful substances in the pool. It may take up to 24 hours for the pool to re-open. Please check the website or call the clubhouse to find out when it will re-open.
8. Failure to obey the lifeguard or manager will result in restriction of pool use for 10 minutes. Longer periods of restriction, up to the remainder of the day, may be imposed at the manager’s discretion for additional or more serious offenses. Continued offenses may result in suspension for periods up to, and including, the entire season at the discretion of the board of directors.
9. Lifeguards and managers have the right to designate a “time out” area where a person in violation of the rules must remain during their restricted time. If a person refuses to remain in the area, they will not be allowed to return to the pool that day. A parent may not waive their child’s “time out” period.
10. All persons must stay clear of and not talk to the lifeguard on the stand. Any questions should be directed to the management.
11. No inner tubes, floats, hard diving rings/sticks, noodles, or toys will be permitted in the main pool with the exception of the following:
a. Children may use arm floats and/or vests only when accompanied by an adult in the water, within arms length.
b. Small nerf balls and soft diving rings/sticks greater than 3″ in all dimensions will be allowed. However, manager’s discretion will be used when the pool is crowded and/or rowdy behavior occurs.
12. Squirt guns and water balloons are not permitted within the pool compound or parking lot. Please use the volleyball area
13. No sunbathing on the picnic tables.
14. Glass, of any kind, is not permitted on the pool compound. Please use plastic containers for mustard, pickles, etc.
15. Plastic or metal containers, paper, food, and drinks are not permitted on the main pool deck.
16. Chairs are not permitted on the main pool deck. The only exception will be at swim meets when swim meet officials may use them as determined by the referee.
17. Pushing, dunking, wrestling, or other acts of rowdiness are not permitted.
18. Chewing gum is not permitted in the pool compound.
19. Running is not permitted on any concrete area in the pool premises.
20. Bathers should shower before entering the pool for the first-time each day and again as needed. The showers in the bathroom or at poolside may be used.
21. Only persons who can demonstrate their swimming ability to the lifeguard’s satisfaction will be permitted in the deep water.
22. Bathers must wear bathing suits suitable for a family environment.
23. No cut-off pants will be permitted in the pool.
24. Babies must wear tight fitting diapers and rubber pants in either pool. This must be enforced due to strict health regulations. “Swimmies” are available for purchase at the snack bar.
25. Do not change diapers on the pool deck, please use the bathrooms.
1. No diving from the side of the pool is allowed except in designated areas that are clearly marked in red. A swimmer who wishes to dive from the side of the pool into the diving area may do so in sequence with those using the diving board.
2. Only one person is allowed on the diving board at one time.
3. Only one bounce on the diving board is allowed.
4. Divers must make sure the diving area is clear before diving.
5. After a dive, quickly clear the diving area.
6. Only dives that are straight off the front of, and away from the board are allowed.
1. As a lifeguard does not attend the wading pool, children must be closely supervised by a parent or guardian that is inside the wading pool enclosure.
2. Only children 5 years of age or younger will be allowed in the wading pool.
3. “Parent helpers” may also accompany a child in the wading pool while the parent or guardian is also in the enclosure. A “parent helper” must be a minimum age of 12 years old. Only one “parent helper” per family.
1. During the course of the season, Club members are entitled to 8 free guest passes. One guest pass will permit an individual or a family (maximum of 6 persons) to enter the pool. Not valid on the 4th of July.
2. When not using a guest pass, the fee per person is $5.00 ($15 per family max). Children age 3 and under will be permitted without charge.
3. The Club member must be present at all times while their guest is visiting the pool.
4. Guest privileges apply to any part of the Club facilities.
5. The Club member is responsible for the conduct of their guest and must make their guest aware of all Club rules.
6. A Club member may purchase special guest passes for out-of-town relatives or friends who live more than 100 miles away. The fee for one week is $20.00 for one or two guests and $40.00 for three to six guests.
7. A Club member with a live-in guest during the summer may purchase a summer pass for $200.00 or a week pass for $10.00 for use by that summer guest.
8. A Club member may purchase a summer baby-sitter pass for $75.00 or a monthly baby-sitter pass for $20.00. This pass is subject to the following restrictions:
a. Pass is not transferable to another family.
b. Pass may be used by the baby-sitter only for the Club member’s family.
c. Pass is not valid when the Club member parents are also present.
d. The baby-sitter must sign in as a guest.
9. A club member may purchase a season pass for a permanent live-in relative (and spouse) for $75.
Free Guest Night
1. A Club member may bring a maximum of 6 free guests on Wednesday evenings from 4:00pm until 9:00pm. Any additional guests will be charged $5.00 per person.
2. If two or more Club families are arranging a large group event (birthday party, team party, etc.) on a Wednesday evening, the pool manager must be contacted at least two weeks before in order to have adequate lifeguard coverage. The pool manager shall have the right to deny requests if multiple groups are planning such an event on the same night.
3. When planning a large group event, take into account that each Club family is only entitled to 6 free guests.
4. As always, any Club member that takes the responsibility to sign in a guest must be present and remain present for the duration of their guest’s stay.
5. Tables and canopies will be on a first come first serve basis.
1. The Club facilities may be used for a private party. A stock member, in good standing with the Club, shall apply with the manager to schedule a private party.
2. Private parties may only be scheduled for Thursday evenings from 7:30pm until 11:00pm and are subject to lifeguard availability.
3. The Club member may begin setup at 7:00pm, but party attendees will not be allowed in the compound until 7:30pm. In order to allow for cleanup, the pool will be closed at 10:30pm and all members and guests should be clearing the premises by 11:00pm.
4. A non-refundable deposit (check or money order) of $50.00 must be provided with the application. The remainder of the fee will be paid within one week of approval of the application, and will be non-refundable. These fees may be refunded for cancellation due to weather or other factors with concurrence of the board of directors.
5. The cost will be $250.00 (the $50.00 deposit will be deducted) plus $5.00 per person over 75 people, payable by check or money order.
6. The maximum party size is limited to 100 people.
7. All guests must check in with a manager or lifeguard.
8. The manager and the lifeguards will be on duty for the duration of the party.
9. All Club rules apply.
Tennis and Basketball Courts
1. All pool rules apply to the tennis and basketball courts.
2. No glass is allowed on the courts.
3. Members and their guests may use the tennis courts during the pool operating hours.
4. Stock members, who have rented a tennis key, and their guests, may use tennis courts outside of normal operating hours.
5. A stock member only may rent a tennis key for the year (normally May to May) from the manager for a fee of $30.00. This key must be returned to the manager.
6. The tennis key may only be used by the stock member.
7. Tennis courts are reserved after 5:00pm for adult members or adult members with minors only. Members under 18 years of age may apply in writing to the Board of Directors for an exception to this rule.
8. A tennis court may be reserved for use during normal operating hours for a period of one-hour or one-and one/half-hours.
9. A member may, in person or by phone, make court reservations at the Clubhouse. Reservations may be made for the current day or up to one week in advance.
10. A member must register at the Clubhouse before using the tennis courts.
11. A guest must register with the hosting member at the Clubhouse before using the tennis courts.
12. A reserved court that has not been registered (signed-in) after 10 minutes of the reserved time is immediately made available.
13. A walk-on player will be immediately bumped by a player with a court reservation.
14. Tennis play only is allowed on the tennis courts.
15. Do not hang on the basketball net.
16. The basketball court will be closed during swim meets.
1. When an individual has no immediate family within 100 miles, the member, upon written request to the Board of Directors and at the discretion of the Board, may receive a discount of 25% of the annual dues. In this case, all family members would be considered guests and thus subject to guest fees.
2. The Club will offer swimming lessons from time to time. The cost of these lessons will be determined by each session.
3. The Club will offer tennis clinics from time to time. The clinic fee will be determined by the tennis instructor.
4. Only lifeguards currently on the payroll (full time or substitute) may give swimming lessons for a fee. Swim lessons may be conducted during adult swim with the manager’s approval.
5. Members’ email addresses shall be used to disseminate pool related business and information. Under no circumstances shall FSC board members, pool management, members or businesses use email addresses for solicitation purposes. Members’ email addresses shall be considered private and confidential.